How We Assist
The Metro Archives staff will provide you with information about our holdings, and are glad to make research materials available as you need them. Researchers may make inquiries via phone, email, postal mail, or in person. You do not need to make an appointment to use our materials, but we will be better able to assist you and give you more research time if you come prepared or call ahead to request materials to be pulled. We understand and appreciate that those new to archival research will not be familiar with the process and use of archival materials, and if you have any questions about how to begin, we are glad to assist you and point you in the right direction.
If you are researching via telephone, email, or onsite, Metro Archives staff will:
- Orient researchers with our facilities and resources
- Instruct researchers in the proper handling of archival materials
- Assist researchers in the use of our indexes and finding aids
- Respond to research and information requests
- Retrieve requested research materials
- Provide guidance to additional and alternative sources of information.
If you wish to obtain a certified copy of your marriage license, Metro Archives staff will assist you.
For information regarding our location and hours of operation, please visit our Contact Us page. You can also find a Map and Directions to the Metro Archives.